Monday, November 01, 2021

KINDLE UNLIMITED (Jim, Ava and C.I.)

1summerread

 

In 2018, community sites took turns covering a book every week.  You can see "In 2018, we read books" to review that coverage.  We didn't want to repeat ourselves in 2019 or 2020.  So when Marcia came up with a way to cover books but with a twist, we were all for it.  Marcia's idea was for us to digital books -- we're largely a printed text crowd -- and to use AMAZON's KINDLE UNLIMITED.  So for 2021, we'll be trying to do a book a week and trying to just use KINDLE UNLIMITED. This week, we're speaking with  Jim about his "Magazines (Jim)."


So you're tackling magazines available via KINDLE UNLIMITED?


Jim: Right.  Did you know that the monthly subscription for KU entitles you to magazines.


No idea.  Not until we read your piece.


Jim: Yeah, Dona and I were surprised by that.  But what was more surprising -- and disappointing -- was how few magazines KINDLE UNLIMITED offers.  


To be clear, KINDLE -- on AMAZON -- offers lots of magazines.  But KINDLE UNLIMITED is the monthly service that you pay for and it allows you to read things for free.


Jim: Right.  So you're told "Choose up to 3 magazine subscriptions with your membership."  And then you look and you find: PEOPLE, ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY, BLOOMBERG BUSINESSWEEK, READER'S DIGEST, GOLF MONTHLY, FANTASY & SCIENCE FICTION, FOOD & WINE, BBC WILDLIFE, BETTER HOMES & GARDENS, FAMILY HANDYMAN, SHAPE, ALL RECIPES, COSMOPOLITAN, MEN'S HEALTH, MIDWEST LIVING, HOUSE BEAUTIFUL, BIRDS & BLOOMS, FOOD NETWORK, BBC HISTORY, REAL SIMPLE, GOOD HOUSEKEEPING, CONSUMER REPORTS, PREVENTION, MARTHA STEWART'S LIVING, TASTE OF HOME, SOUTHERN LIVING, HGTV, IN STYLE, DO IT YOURSELF, WOMEN'S HEALTH, EATING WELL, POPULAR MECHANICS, COUNTRY LIVING, RUNNER'S WORLD, COUNTRY WOMEN, THE PIONEER WOMAN, BICYCLING, WOOD, WOMAN'S DAY, CAR & DRIVER, TRAVEL & LEISURE, ENTREPRENEUR, THIS OLD HOUSE, HEALTH, REMINISCE, ESQUIRE, VERANDA, SIMPLY CROCHET, ELLE, BBC HISTORY REVEALED, ELLE DECOR, BBC SCIENCE FOCUS, TOWN & COUNTRY, HARPER'S BAZAAR, COUNTRY, DIGITAL CAMERA, THE KNITTER, FARM & RANCH LIVING, PARENTS, BBC GOOD FOOD, COASTAL LIVING, WOMEN & HOME, BBC GARDENERS' WORLD, SCIENTIFIC AMERICAN, HOMES & GARDENS, COOKING LIGHT, PEOPLE EN ESPANOL, WOMEN'S WEEKLY, TRADITIONAL HOME, BBC MUSIC, RACHEL RAY IN SEASON, GARDENS ILLUSTRATED, BBC SKY AT NIGHT, CYCLING PLUS, IDEAL HOME UK, WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?, SIMPLY SEWING, BBC TOP GEAR, OLIVE, BBC COUNTRYFILE, HOMES & ANTIQUES, GQ, HOMESTYLE and VANITY FAIR.  I believe I listed them all.


That's not a lot.


Jim: It's really not.  And no ROLLINS STONE or SPIN or diabetic magazines, in fact.  So for magazines, it's not really worth it.  But if you do have a membership to KINDLE UNLIMITED, you should be aware that you can read some magazines for free with that subscription.

 

 


-------------------

 

"KINDLE UNLIMITED (Isaiah, Ava and C.I.)


"KINDLE UNLIMITED (Kat, Ava and C.I.)"

 

" KINDLE UNLIMITED (Trina, Ava and C.I.)"

 

 "KINDLE UNLIMITED (Marcia, Ava and C.I.)"

 

"KINDLE UNLIMITED (Ruth, Ava and C.I.)"

 

"KINDLE UNLIMITED (Jess, Ava and C.I.)"

 

"KINDLE UNLIMITED (Jim, Ava and C.I.)"

 

"KINDLE UNLIMITED (Kat, Ava and C.I.)"

 

"KINDLE UNLIMITED (Kat, Ava and C.I.)"

 

"KINDLE UNLIMITED (Betty, Ava and C.I.)


"KINDLE UNLIMITED (Stan, Ava and C.I.)

 

"KINDLE UNLIMITED (Betty, Ava and C.I.)"


"KINDLE UNLIMITED (Isaiah, Ava and C.I.)"

"KINDLE UNLIMITED (Elaine, Dona, Ava and C.I.)"


"KINDLE UNLIMITED (Mike, Ava and C.I.)"

"KINDLE UNLIMITED (Trina, Ava and C.I.)"

"KINDLE UNLIMITED (Stan, Ava and C.I.)"

"KINDLE UNLIMITED (Marcia, Ava and C.I.)"

"KINDLE UNLIMITED (Kat, Ava and C.I.)"

"KINDLE UNLIMITED (Rebecca, Ava and C.I.)"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.
 
Poll1 { display:none; }