Monday, November 01, 2021

KINDLE UNLIMITED (Ann, Ava and C.I.)

1summerread

 

In 2018, community sites took turns covering a book every week.  You can see "In 2018, we read books" to review that coverage.  We didn't want to repeat ourselves in 2019 or 2020.  So when Marcia came up with a way to cover books but with a twist, we were all for it.  Marcia's idea was for us to digital books -- we're largely a printed text crowd -- and to use AMAZON's KINDLE UNLIMITED.  So for 2021, we'll be trying to do a book a week and trying to just use KINDLE UNLIMITED. This week, we're speaking with Ann about her "The 'Peyton Place' Murder."

 

 Your book was Renee Mallett's THE "PEYTON PLACE" MURDER.


Ann: Correct.  It's a non-fiction book that looks into the life of Grace Metalious who wrote the fifties bestselling book PEYTON PLACE.  But to look at Grace's life and bestselling book means to look at the region she grew up in since a lot of it -- including a murder -- pops up in PEYTON PLACE.


How would you classify the book?


Ann: I would honestly call it a detective story.  That's really what Renee has written, a detective story.  She's the one uncovering the details and what happened.  


It's a good read?


Ann: It's a solid read and a book I strongly recommend.  I know nothing about the bestselling book PEYTON PLACE, I've never read it.  But this book held my attention and I rushed through it as much as you can when you've got two small kids.  Every time I had to stop for the night or for a moment, I stopped with regret.  It really was a joy to read.  She covered such terrain and did so in a way that held your interest.  There's not a bit of fluff in this book.  


You were upset to realize that this was the first book review you'd done this year?


Ann: I was reading.  I thought I was writing.  Clearly, I didn't.  One did go to POLLY'S BREW, a book review.  But otherwise, I just didn't review.  I felt like I let the community down, to be honest.  


Well it wasn't supposed to be a chore so don't feel that way, it wasn't an assignment.  And everyone knew, for example, that Cedric and Wally probably wouldn't participate.  They can if they want -- even now -- but with the scope of their sites, we all knew they might not participate.  


Ann: I honestly thought I'd be offering something.  And when I look at what's been covered -- classics, biographies, comic books, cartoons, erotica, you name it, it just especially leaves me a little embarrassed.  I only found out when I was looking over the list of books that I hadn't done one, the one you publish "Books" here.  And, I noticed something else.  Rebecca and Marcia did their joint-review this year and it's not noted.


That's a very good point.  And we should probably do an interview with them as well as include their book reviews.  We hadn't even thought about that.  Do you like KINDLE UNLIMITED?


Ann: I can't answer that this go round.  I'm still, honestly, embarrassed that I waited so long to do a book review. 



-------------------

 

"KINDLE UNLIMITED (Isaiah, Ava and C.I.)


"KINDLE UNLIMITED (Kat, Ava and C.I.)"

 

" KINDLE UNLIMITED (Trina, Ava and C.I.)"

 

 "KINDLE UNLIMITED (Marcia, Ava and C.I.)"

 

"KINDLE UNLIMITED (Ruth, Ava and C.I.)"

 

"KINDLE UNLIMITED (Jess, Ava and C.I.)"

 

"KINDLE UNLIMITED (Jim, Ava and C.I.)"

 

"KINDLE UNLIMITED (Kat, Ava and C.I.)"

 

"KINDLE UNLIMITED (Kat, Ava and C.I.)"

 

"KINDLE UNLIMITED (Betty, Ava and C.I.)


"KINDLE UNLIMITED (Stan, Ava and C.I.)

 

"KINDLE UNLIMITED (Betty, Ava and C.I.)"


"KINDLE UNLIMITED (Isaiah, Ava and C.I.)"

"KINDLE UNLIMITED (Elaine, Dona, Ava and C.I.)"


"KINDLE UNLIMITED (Mike, Ava and C.I.)"

"KINDLE UNLIMITED (Trina, Ava and C.I.)"

"KINDLE UNLIMITED (Stan, Ava and C.I.)"

"KINDLE UNLIMITED (Marcia, Ava and C.I.)"

"KINDLE UNLIMITED (Kat, Ava and C.I.)"

"KINDLE UNLIMITED (Rebecca, Ava and C.I.)"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.
 
Poll1 { display:none; }