Sunday, July 08, 2012

A note to our readers



Hey --
Another Sunday.

First up, we thank all who participated this edition which includes Dallas and the following:

The Third Estate Sunday Review's Jim, Dona, Ty, Jess and Ava,
Rebecca of Sex and Politics and Screeds and Attitude,
Betty of Thomas Friedman Is a Great Man,
C.I. of The Common Ills and The Third Estate Sunday Review,
Kat of Kat's Korner (of The Common Ills),
Mike of Mikey Likes It!,
Elaine of Like Maria Said Paz),
Cedric of Cedric's Big Mix,
Ruth of Ruth's Report,
Wally of The Daily Jot,
Trina of Trina's Kitchen,
Marcia of SICKOFITRDLZ,
Stan of Oh Boy It Never Ends,
Isaiah of The World Today Just Nuts,
and Ann of Ann's Mega Dub.


And what did we come up with?


This one's a new voice to us.  
Cedric and Stan championed this one and we all agree with it.

 Some deaths matter -- only some -- to certain leftists when a Democrats is in the White House. And I (Jim) just got what C.I. was saying earlier when she pitched an idea but stopped and said it could wait for next week.   DDPRFP.  That's my reminder for next week.  (Stealing C.I.'s reminder technique.)

Ava and C.I. tackle Bill Moyers.  When his new show started airing, readers immediately wanted a review.  Ava and C.I. begged off saying they wanted a few weeks on air before they weighed in.  They gave him 21 weeks.  Now they bring down the hammer.

Our Iraq feature this week.  If we hadn't had 60 minutes to type up all the features and also to do our Iraq piece, this would have been longer.

I personally love this piece. And though we include a disclosure that C.I. knows Rahm, please note that she, Ava and Elaine did not work on this piece.

A KPFA-er suggested we make a point to hear Kris' latest nonsense.

Bonnie Faulkner earned top honors.

My piece.  I wrote this early in the writing edition and did so to be sure that when Ava and C.I. finished their piece and asked what got accomplished while they were gone, I could say, "Well, we've got one article." :D  (Read my piece and you'll understand that better.)

The continued failure of Barack's economy.

Jill Stein.  And remember the Green Party National Convention is in Baltimore this week, July 12th through 15th.
Repost from Workers World. 
Mike and the gang wrote this and we thank them for it.


 Peace.

-- Jim, Dona, Ty, Jess, Ava and C.I.
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.
 
Poll1 { display:none; }