Monday, October 28, 2024

C.I. lied (Doma)

 In Saturday's "If you care, you're voting Kamala," C.I. wrote:


On COMMON DREAMS, I actually was going to praise them and note some of their recent articles on Kamala.  I don't have time now.  I'll pull what I can over to THIRD.  But I'm tired.  I'm damn tired.  I'm tired of having to make the argument for Kamala every day here -- seven days a week -- because idiots want to pretend that they can waste their vote on Jill Stein as they pretend that it will make no difference whether Donald Trump is in the White House again or not.

I'm tired because I'm on the road speaking to a minimum of seven groups each day about the need to vote for Kamala.

I'm tired because I'm doing the work that we all should be doing to save our country.  

I'm tired because I can't believe that the left -- THE NATION, DEMOCRACY NOW!, IN THESE TIMES, et al -- can't get over their racism and get behind Kamala. 


Wrong. 


She and Ava are scheduled with a minimum of seven groups each day.  She does not speak to a minimum of seven groups a day.  Looking over her schedule, the minimum last Sunday was twelve.  Monday through Thursday she spoke to a minimum of nine a day.  Friday, she spoke to eleven groups and, yesterday, she spoke to twelve.  


She is scheduled with seven for each day before it starts.  I know because I do the schedule.  But people will hear she and Ava are in the area and a dean or a professor, who is a friend of Ava and/or C.I. --  or with some group will call or e-mail and I'll add them to her schedule.  She has never had only seven groups, by the end of the day.  Most days she starts out scheduled to speak to seven.  But groups are added constantly each day.

I titled this "C.I. lied" because I knew it would get more attention that way.  She's aware of the seven because that's what she agreed was manageable.  She knew it would be tough -- because most of these groups require travel -- but she thought she could handle seven groups a day.  She knew she'd be tired and exhausted.  Ava had said six so we got together and tried to figure out six or seven.  Ava said if C.I. was up for seven groups, so we she.


But while that was the agreement and that is what is scheduled at the start of the day, it never ends up being just seven. 

I can't do what Ava and C.I. do.  But I can call friends and make sure they vote.  I can give rides to the polls for friends who need rides.  I can make the case for Kamala to people I know are undecided.  We can all do much more than just vote.  And we've got to -- this election, we have got to.











Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.
 
Poll1 { display:none; }