Tuesday, July 10, 2018

10 To Read (Cedric)

Cedric: I like funny.  Wally and I do humor posts together, so that shouldn't be a surprise.  Nor should it be a surprise that I have a number of humor books on my list.  Not a huge fan of all comedians but, if one puts out a book, I'll read it.  That led me to read one of the worst books ever, Whoopi Goldberg's WHOOPI GOLDBERG BOOK.  This was at a time when Jerry Seinfeld had a funny book and Ellen Degeneres issued a classic humor book (it makes mey list).  Whoopi's wasn't funny and wasn't interesting enough to be autobiography.  I'm told Whoopi has since written a funny book or two.  She may have.  I won't waste money finding out.  Not after that awful 1997 book.  So here's my ten plus a bonus -- yeah, I had eleven I had to note, sorry.



1) Jean Toomer's CANE.


2) Alice Walker's POSSESSING THE SECRET OF JOY.


3) Richard Pryor's PRYOR CONVICTIONS AND OTHER LIFE SENTENCES.


4) Alice Walker's ANYTHING WE LOVE CAN BE SAVED.



5) Woody Allen's WITHOUT FEATHERS.




6) Paul Mooney's BLACK IS THE NEW WHITE.


7) Ellen Degeneres' MY POINT . . . AND I DO HAVE ONE.


8) Joan Rivers' I HATE EVERYONE . . . STARTING WITH ME.


9) George Carlin's NAPALM & SILLY PUTTY.


10) Dick Gregory's DEFINING MOMENTS IN BLACK HISTORY: READING BETWEEN THE LIES.


Bonus: Wanda Sykes' YEAH, I SAID IT.


-----------------


Previous entries in this series include "10 To Read (C.I.)" and "10 To Read (Jim)" and "10 to Read (Dona)" and "10 to Read (Rebecca)" and "10 To Read (Cedric)."








Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.
 
Poll1 { display:none; }