Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Truest statement of the week II

Anyway, at the meeting (which included billionaire, Demo-quack funder, Steve Bing), after the niceties were over, both Steve and Rob got down to the real brass-tacks of the meeting.  They wanted me to throw my influence (which was then pretty considerable) behind the presidential candidacy of Hillary Clinton. Bing looked me in the eye, with a serious face and said, "Mrs. Clinton is our only hope."

I gasped and averred how she had not only voted to support the very war that killed my son, but was the Bush regime's Demo-quack cover for war propaganda. Then Steve said this with a straight-face and no sense of how hurtful this statement could be to a mother whose oldest child was killed for these lies, "Mrs. Clinton is really against the wars and she will come out against them when it is politically expedient for her to do so." What?! People are still dying in Iraq and Afghanistan (and elsewhere) and how can mothers like me even understand a little about "political expediency" when our hearts are ripped out of our chests? Not just for one day, but for the rest of our lives.

The meeting didn't end really well, but I thanked them for their help and still refused to support Clinton for anything. When I wrote an article a couple of months later about how the antiwar movement should NOT support Clinton that was posted at Huffington Post, the attack dog of the Reiners called my sister and told her that they were pulling all support from me and Gold Star Families for Peace. In fact, Dede and CODEPINK, L.A. were protesting at a fundraiser for Clinton when Rob and Michelle pulled up and gave them the middle-finger. 



-- Cindy Sheehan, "Actors and other Useful Idiots for Empire by Cindy Sheehan" (CINDY SHEEHAN'S SOAPBOX).






Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.
 
Poll1 { display:none; }