Sunday, July 06, 2014

A note to our readers

Hey --

Another Sunday.  And look how early we are!  We've never been this early since our first year all those years ago.



First up, we thank all who participated this edition which includes Dallas and the following:




The Third Estate Sunday Review's Jim, Dona, Ty, Jess and Ava,
Rebecca of Sex and Politics and Screeds and Attitude,
Betty of Thomas Friedman Is a Great Man,
C.I. of The Common Ills and The Third Estate Sunday Review,
Kat of Kat's Korner (of The Common Ills),
Mike of Mikey Likes It!,
Elaine of Like Maria Said Paz),
Cedric of Cedric's Big Mix,
Ruth of Ruth's Report,
Wally of The Daily Jot,
Trina of Trina's Kitchen,
Marcia of SICKOFITRDLZ,
Stan of Oh Boy It Never Ends,
Isaiah of The World Today Just Nuts,
and Ann of Ann's Mega Dub.


books


And what did we come up with?


Ali Khedery.
And Ali Khedery.  (Yes, he got both truest.)
It's amazing how little care and concern there is about the lies Barack's told about Iraq.
Ava and C.I. hate this.  They wrote it.  This is our summer fiction edition.  In the past, the rule has been, they can go creative or just do a regular TV piece.  They wanted regular.  And I (Jim) asked them, begged them to go creative.  I happen to love this.  They hate it.  Decided for yourself.
I love this.  I love our 'book cover,' I love it all.  It's funny.  Ava and C.I. brought the basic frame of this to the edition.  We knew we'd be able to pull something off this week just from the basics of this piece.

Marcia came with the plot to this story.  It's Sci-fi which she loves.  We had fun writing this.  Dona wanted the image to repeat -- the same image -- throughout.  I didn't get it but I do now that I see it published. 
Tom Hayden, the Anus Nin of his time.  This is one of the parody pieces we wrote and I'm sure it will go over well.
Betty asked who wanted to work on a poem and she went off with a group to work on this.

This is basically a video game as I assume many will grasp.  I was playing this game during a break and Ava and C.I. shouted, "We're busting our ass on a piece we don't want to write and you're playing video games?"  Everything in this story is in the video game.
Halle Berry's new show starts this week.
What we listened to.
I had no idea we'd sworn off the summer edition until Jess told me we had and we'd posted that last summer.  I forgot.  If you've forgotten the point of this, it's like the point of the site, DIY.  We were part of that movement that's now pretty much dead.  And our point was to spend one summer edition writing fiction.  It didn't have to be great (and it's not), it just had to be an honest DIY effort.

Mike and the gang wrote this and we thank them for it.

This edition took forever to write.  I'm amazed we finished it.  I do understand now why we said last summer would be our last summer edition.

See you next week.

 Peace.




-- Jim, Dona, Ty, Jess, Ava and C.I.

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.
 
Poll1 { display:none; }