Tuesday, September 26, 2023

Books (Isaiah, Ava and C.I.)

1summerread

 

As we did in 2021, we're attempting to again increase book coverage in the community. After a review posts, we try to do a discussion with the reviewer.  This go round, we're talking to Isaiah about his book review "Demetrius Sherman's BLACK COMIC BOOK HISTORY."  So, first off, what did you dislike about the book?


Isaiah: I disliked that it was so brief. It's a very short book.  I also would have enjoyed more illustrations and I hope the print copy had them.  I read the digital version available on AMAZON's KINDLE UNLIMITED.


How are you enjoying KINDLE UNLIMITED?
 
 

Isaiah: It varies.  My big beef these days is the search option -- and this is true of books I can read for free with KINDLE UNLIMITED or buy with KINDLE. I'm interested in the history of comic books.  When I search that, too often, the results are overflowing with comic books about history.  I've tried changing up the words and more but no real luck. 

 
Got you.  What did you like about the book?

Isaiah: It's interest in the past.  It's commitment to documenting African-American accomplishments.  I'd never heard of ALL NEGRO COMICS, for example, until reading the book.  That was a first for me.  It was a one issue comic that sold for 15 cents and was issued in June 1947.  There is a place for these books that really remind us and share our history.  So little of it is known and that's another reason that I strongly recommend this book.  


------------------

Previous book discussions this year.

 

"Books (Ava and C.I.)," "Books (Trina, Isaiah, Ava and C.I.)," "Books (Marcia, Rebecca, Ava and C.I.)," "Books (Ann, Mike, Ava and C.I.)," "Books (Stan, Ava and C.I.)," "Books (Mike, Ava and C.I.),"  "Books (Ann, Elaine, Kat, Ava and C.I.)," "Books (Isaiah, Stan, Ava and C.I.)," "Books (Trina, Kat, Ava and C.I.)," "Books (Marcia, Ann and C.I.)," "Books (Ruth, Ava and C.I.)," "Books (Isaiah, Ava and C.I.)," "Books (Mike, Ava and C.I.)," "Books (Kat, Ava and C.I.)," "Books (Marcia, Ava and C.I.)," "Books (Trina, Ava and C.I.)," "Books (Rebecca, Ava and C.I.)," "Books (Isaiah, Kat, Ava and C.I.)," "Books (Stan, Ava and C.I.)," "Books (Kat, Ava and C.I.)," "Books (Marcia, Ava and C.I.)," "Books (Ann, Ava and C.I.)," "Books (Trina, Ava and C.I.)," "Books (Marcia, Ava and C.I.)" and "Books (Ava and C.I.)."





 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.
 
Poll1 { display:none; }