Monday, December 13, 2021

KINDLE UNLIMITED (Isaiah, Ava and C.I.)

 

1summerread

 

In 2018, community sites took turns covering a book every week.  You can see "In 2018, we read books" to review that coverage.  We didn't want to repeat ourselves in 2019 or 2020.  So when Marcia came up with a way to cover books but with a twist, we were all for it.  Marcia's idea was for us to digital books -- we're largely a printed text crowd -- and to use AMAZON's KINDLE UNLIMITED.  So for 2021, we'll be trying to do a book a week and trying to just use KINDLE UNLIMITED. This week, we're speaking with Isaiah about his "ETERNALS BY JACK KIRBY: THE COMPLETE COLLECTION (ETERNALS 1976-1978."  So ETERNALS is a hit film at the box office with over $160 million in ticket sales in North America.  Isaiah, you read the comic book collection.

 

Isaiah: I thought it was a solid collection.  I saw the film because of all the writing Stan did -- Stan noting how the media tried to bury the movie but it is a hit.   I'm sure it would have done even better if DEADLINE, VARIETY and THE HOLLYWOOD REPORTER hadn't worked so hard to destroy the film.  I don't know how much of a built-in audience ETERNALS had.  I grew up on comics and I preferred MARVEL to DC.  But ETERNALS was new to me.  I knew X-MEN, FANTASTIC FOUR, AVENGERS -- even WEST COAST AVENGERS, THE DEFENDERS and a lot more but I had never heard of ETERNALS until the film.


And what were your thoughts after reading the Jack Kirby collection?


Isaiah: It's a good comic.  It probably could be updated but I would definitely check it out as a monthly comic.  


You noted that with this collection, KINDLE didn't offer the zoom option.


Isaiah: It didn't.  And that surprised me.  I would rate that as the only downside.  Other than that, I'd strongly urge anyone with KINDLE UNLIMITED to check out the book.  


Okay, thank you so much.




-------------------

 

"KINDLE UNLIMITED (Isaiah, Ava and C.I.)


"KINDLE UNLIMITED (Kat, Ava and C.I.)"

 

" KINDLE UNLIMITED (Trina, Ava and C.I.)"

 

 "KINDLE UNLIMITED (Marcia, Ava and C.I.)"

 

"KINDLE UNLIMITED (Ruth, Ava and C.I.)"

 

"KINDLE UNLIMITED (Jess, Ava and C.I.)"

 

"KINDLE UNLIMITED (Jim, Ava and C.I.)"

 

"KINDLE UNLIMITED (Kat, Ava and C.I.)"

 

"KINDLE UNLIMITED (Kat, Ava and C.I.)"

 

"KINDLE UNLIMITED (Betty, Ava and C.I.)


"KINDLE UNLIMITED (Stan, Ava and C.I.)

 

"KINDLE UNLIMITED (Betty, Ava and C.I.)"


"KINDLE UNLIMITED (Isaiah, Ava and C.I.)"

"KINDLE UNLIMITED (Elaine, Dona, Ava and C.I.)"


"KINDLE UNLIMITED (Mike, Ava and C.I.)"

"KINDLE UNLIMITED (Trina, Ava and C.I.)"

"KINDLE UNLIMITED (Stan, Ava and C.I.)"

"KINDLE UNLIMITED (Marcia, Ava and C.I.)"

"KINDLE UNLIMITED (Kat, Ava and C.I.)"

"KINDLE UNLIMITED (Rebecca, Ava and C.I.)"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 


 

 

 

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.
 
Poll1 { display:none; }