Monday, October 09, 2023

Musician Hussein Rassam plays on after fleeing Iraq

 After the U.S. invasion in 2003, millions of Iraqis were displaced, including engineers, doctors, artists and other professional escaping the war. One of those refugees is musician Hussein Rassam. Rassam lost both his parents in an attack.  "I didn't accept it, to believe that they had gone...For three years I was lost," he said. In 2015, Rassam left Iraq. Traveling through Turkey, Greece, Serbia, Hungary, and finally ending up in Brussels.  "I was trying to communicate as a musician so I recorded an album with a label in Brussels then I continued my life as a musician," Rassam said. "I think playing a concert is stronger than sharing my story," he said. #featurews #fullframecgtn Watch CGTN LIVE on your computer, tablet or mobile https://cgtnamerica.vhx.tv/videos/hd-... Subscribe to CGTN America on YouTube Follow CGTN America: Twitter: @cgtnamerica Facebook: @cgtnamerica Instagram: @cgtnamerica TikTok: @newstoks This material is distributed by MediaLinks TV, LLC on behalf of CCTV. Additional information is available at the Department of Justice, Washington, D.C.

 

 

 

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.
 
Poll1 { display:none; }