Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Song of the week



"Safe in My Garden," by the Mamas and the Papas, first appears on their album THE PAPAS AND THE MAMAS.


Great video, by the way, put together by Eduardo Franco Ocnarfeara.



Safe in my garden,
An ancient flower grows.
And the scent from its nature
Slowly squares my room and its perfume
Being such that it's causing me to swoon.
Could it be we were hot-wired
Late one night while very tired
They stole our minds and thought we'd never know it.
With a bottle in each hand, too late to try to understand.
We don't care where it lands - we just throw it.
Somebody takes us away...
Somebody takes us away...
Safe in my garden,
 An ancient flower grows
 And the scent from its nature
Slowly squares my room and it's perfume
Being such that it's causing me to swoon.
When you go out in the street,
So many hassles with the heat;
No one there can fill your desire.
Cops out with the megaphones,
Tellin' people stay inside their homes.
Man, can't they see the world's on fire?
Somebody take us away...take us away...








Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.
 
Poll1 { display:none; }