Sunday, May 06, 2012

A note to our readers

Hey --
Another Sunday.

First up, we thank all who participated this edition which includes Dallas and the following:

The Third Estate Sunday Review's Jim, Dona, Ty, Jess and Ava,
Rebecca of Sex and Politics and Screeds and Attitude,
Betty of Thomas Friedman Is a Great Man,
C.I. of The Common Ills and The Third Estate Sunday Review,
Kat of Kat's Korner (of The Common Ills),
Mike of Mikey Likes It!,
Elaine of Like Maria Said Paz),
Cedric of Cedric's Big Mix,
Ruth of Ruth's Report,
Wally of The Daily Jot,
Trina of Trina's Kitchen,
Marcia of SICKOFITRDLZ,
Stan of Oh Boy It Never Ends,
Isaiah of The World Today Just Nuts,
and Ann of Ann's Mega Dub.

We thank them all. What did we come up with?


This one was one that resulted in a 100% vote.  That doesn't always happen.  It rarely does.  Ann Wright. 
This one?  Ava and C.I. brought it in.  One less vote for it and we would have had a different Truest II.  (For the record, I [Jim] voted for this one.) 
We had no editorial.  C.I. was pissed.  She's nodding as I type that.  We worked and worked and couldn't get an Iraq editorial -- we had three different topics that we took multiple swipes at.  To be done quickly, she'd agreed to a Q&A based on readers questions.  So she and I did that.  Dona pointed out when we had no editorial that we could just pull our statements -- C.I. and mine -- on PTSD and PTSI from the Q&A and have an editorial.  A little bit would need to be added, but not much.  So that's what we did.  (Melanie, your question was the first I asked.  Though it's not up here in any article, I did e-mail you C.I.'s response.  And the Q&A will run in Hilda's Mix Tuesday.)


Ava and C.I.  Oh how mad they were at me.  I really felt we needed a look at the Sunday chat & chews.  In part because readers were asking what the big stories were?  Was John Edwards an issue?  So Ava and C.I. wrote this.  They had planned to be done by seven a.m. at the latest.  Doing this piece changed that since the three programs wouldn't air until after that.  This is probably the strongest piece of this edition.  I came up with the title.  Ava asked me, "Do you know what cud is?" I really didn't.  I had to look it up.  After I saw what it was, I really wanted it to be the title. :D

We agreed this needed to be covered.  It's a huge issue to our readers and we had over 100 e-mails about it last week.

This is also a huge issue to our readers who feel they are being screwed over yet again.  Don't be surprised if Barack loses the post-college youth vote.

Law & Disorder Radio continues to provide regular updates on Bradley Manning -- one of the few programs that do.

Bradley Manning.  This is one to watch closely.

Our favorite part is when Carly Simon sings her line in the verse.

From Jill Stein's campaign.
Repost of Workers World.

Mike and the gang wrote this and we thank them for it.


Peace.

-- Jim, Dona, Ty, Jess, Ava and C.I.
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.
 
Poll1 { display:none; }