Sunday, December 04, 2011

A note to our readers

Hey --

Another late Sunday.


First up, we thank all who participated this edition which includes Dallas and the following:

The Third Estate Sunday Review's Jim, Dona, Ty, Jess and Ava,
Rebecca of Sex and Politics and Screeds and Attitude,
Betty of Thomas Friedman Is a Great Man,
C.I. of The Common Ills and The Third Estate Sunday Review,
Kat of Kat's Korner (of The Common Ills),
Cedric of Cedric's Big Mix,
Mike of Mikey Likes It!,
Elaine of Like Maria Said Paz),
Ruth of Ruth's Report,
Wally of The Daily Jot,
Trina of Trina's Kitchen,
Marcia of SICKOFITRDLZ,
Stan of Oh Boy It Never Ends,
Isaiah of The World Today Just Nuts,
and Ann of Ann's Mega Dub.

And what did we come up with?

Mark Landler. NYT.
A member of Congress. Read the snapshot if you're thinking, "He supported the war!" because, yes, he did, but he said he was wrong in that hearing.
If you're able to read Arabic, you are so much better informed about what's happening with the US and Iraq right now.
Ava and C.I. were among the sick. A nasty cold has Jess, Betty, Ava, C.I. and Kat. We weren't expecting anything from any of them. Dona and I (Jim) were thinking this would be the week where we do a clip-fest of past Ava and C.I. TV pieces. Instead, they rallied to write this and rallied for the whole edition. (And don't praise me for the title. I generally write the headlines. I came up with "Multiple Personality Disorder Sitcome" for this one when Ava and C.I. corrected me. :D )
There was talk of this being a comic book edition. That talk was Ty, Jess, Dona and myself. We forgot to share that with Ava and C.I. who stated they had nothing comic book related they could think of for the reviews. So we put that on hold. (That includes Dona's piece. Most likely we'll do comics features next week as well instead of doing a single edition of all comic books.) We love this comic title. We've been covering her since Detective Comics and had promised we'd note her when she got her own title.


This concludes our picks for the ten best books of the last ten years.

We had already posted everything but the TV commentary when Ava and C.I. screamed "Wait!" This feature had been talked about and then forgotten. Betty plans to use the photo at her site on Monday so this needed to go up. Ava, C.I. and Ty quickly wrote this.

This was a straight forward and dull piece until Ava and C.I., high on cold medicine, grabbed it and gave it more of a comic spin. That's when the piece worked because we were honestly going to trash it before Ava and C.I. did a rewrite.

We were going to do more on Mark Landler and Dona was going to talk to Ava and C.I. about the Congressional hearings they attended. But too many people were sick and we just wanted to get done with this edition. (C.I.'s waiting for me to finish this note before she goes and does the Sunday entry at The Common Ills.) Elaine, Ann and Cedric were the leaders on the various drafts of this piece.
A comic book survey. Those afflicted with colds did not work on this. They were taking medicine at this point. Big help from Mike, Marcia, Stan and Rebecca on this one especially. Not trying to slight anyone else but they really did a lot of work on the various drafts for this piece.

Heads up from Senator Murray's office.
Workers World repost.

Mike and the gang wrote this and we thank them for it.

We thank Ava and C.I. for their hard work steering last week's edition.


Peace.

-- Jim, Dona, Ty, Jess, Ava and C.I.
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.
 
Poll1 { display:none; }