Sunday, December 05, 2010

A note to our readers

Hey --
Another Sunday. Later than we'd like so this will be a short note.

First, thanks for all who helped this edition which includes Dallas and:

The Third Estate Sunday Review's Jim, Dona, Ty, Jess and Ava,
Rebecca of Sex and Politics and Screeds and Attitude,
Betty of Thomas Friedman Is a Great Man,
C.I. of The Common Ills and The Third Estate Sunday Review,
Kat of Kat's Korner (of The Common Ills),
Cedric of Cedric's Big Mix,
Mike of Mikey Likes It!,
Elaine of Like Maria Said Paz),
Ruth of Ruth's Report,
Wally of The Daily Jot,
Trina of Trina's Kitchen,
Marcia of SICKOFITRDLZ,
Stan of Oh Boy It Never Ends,
Isaiah of The World Today Just Nuts,
and Ann of Ann's Mega Dub.

And what did we come up with?

Ron Paul becomes only the second politician to earn a truest.

Our editorial. We had no idea and Ava and C.I. offered a book end approach in terms of last week -- who was shoking, who was well received. We all got behind that idea and that explains this editorial.

Ava and C.I. had planned to cover another show but were begged to take on this issue so they did. ADDED: As noted in "The Black Roundtable," they taped their conversation and Ava and C.I. promised to type it up for them. Ava and C.I. did do that and I (Jim) typed up Ava and C.I.'s TV article. In typing it up, I changed Bill Hader to Will Forte because I thought, "Oh, they're tired, they didn't realize that was Will Forte." They were right, I was wrong. I won't change anything of theirs when I type up again without checking. My apologies. Also, we've got the Terry Gross illustration Isaiah did now added to the Terry Gross piece and we've added a book image to our book discussion.


Betty pitched this idea of a roundtable focusing on issues specific to the African-American community. Ty was moderator.

Continued coverage of masculinist Terry Gross. Isaiah has a drawing we hope to use but everyone's too damn tired to play with Flickr right now.

Senator Byron Dorgan spoke on the Senate floor about the DPC and its work (he chairs the DPC) last Thursday.

We discuss a book. Didn't turn out the way we thought it would but it makes for a good read.
This is a planned regular feature.
Mike and the gang wrote this and we thank them for it.


Peace.

-- Jim, Dona, Ty, Jess, Ava and C.I.
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.
 
Poll1 { display:none; }