Sunday, December 13, 2009

A note to our readers

Hey --

Another Sunday.

First thanks to all who helped. That's Dallas and the following:


The Third Estate Sunday Review's Jim, Jess, and Ava,
Rebecca of Sex and Politics and Screeds and Attitude,
Betty of Thomas Friedman Is a Great Man,
C.I. of The Common Ills and The Third Estate Sunday Review,
Kat of Kat's Korner (of The Common Ills),
Cedric of Cedric's Big Mix,
Mike of Mikey Likes It!,
Elaine of Like Maria Said Paz),
Trina of Trina's Kitchen,
Ruth of Ruth's Report,
Wally of The Daily Jot,
Marcia of SICKOFITRDLZ,
Stan of Oh Boy It Never Ends
and Ann of Ann's Mega Dub.

We thank all. What did we come up with?


Truest statement of the week -- Another truest for Cindy. She will end the year as the person to have spoken the most truest statements in 2009.

Truest statement of the week II -- Wally and Cedric were a choice Ava and C.I. came up with but one we were all on board with. (We almost had a third by including one of Marcia's but she asked us not to.)


Editorial: He's the world's War Hawk now -- Barry went to Oslo. If it walks like a War Hawk and it talks like a War Hawk, it's time to call it a War Hawk.

TV: When the guests call the shots -- I (Jim) was thrilled when Ava and C.I. explained to me what they were finding out about the ABC interviews -- specifically the directives from the White House on how Michelle would be taped. This is one of three pieces Ava and C.I. contribute this edition.

Those Wacky Ethics of Greg Mitchell -- The piece I asked C.I. to promote at TCI and that resulted in e-mails and e-mails. Those of you who accused us of lying? You're forgiven. We didn't lie. Mitchell just 'forgot' how to do a correction. Click on the two screen snaps to see them larger.

Every picture tells a story -- Dona and C.I. saw this and brought it in at the last second. We stopped posting long enough to write something up. Dona insisted it be short and we (Dona, Ava, C.I., Ty, Jess and myself) were agreed to that because we were so tired. Where are the people of color advising the president? Where are the women?

NPR keeps selling the wars (Ava and C.I.) -- Ava and C.I. promised to do this feature here and it's a hard hitting look at how NPR censors reality. Betty's kids did the illustration.

Roundtable -- We weren't having much luck with most features and did a roundtable as a last minute filler. It works. Betty's kids did the illustration.

Iraq -- Our weekly Iraq feature.

Not So Fast Jeff Cohen (Ava and C.I.) -- We were hoping we could do this as a group piece. We couldn't. Ava and C.I. grabbed it when time ran out and did a great job.

TV notes -- Some programming tonight and tomorrow.

Highlights -- Mike, Elaine, Betty, Kat, Rebecca, Marcia, Ruth, Stan, Ann, Cedric and Wally wrote this and we thank them for it.

That's it, we'll see you next week.


-- Jim, Dona, Ty, Jess, Ava and C.I.
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.
 
Poll1 { display:none; }