Sunday, March 23, 2008

Liang's comments to Barack Obama

Mr. Pretty Words,


Thanks for again rendering me invisible in your embarrassing speech. Among other things, you declared:





This is where we are right now. It's a racial stalemate we've been stuck in for years. Contrary to the claims of some of my critics, black and white, I have never been so naive as to believe that we can get beyond our racial divisions in a single election cycle, or with a single candidacy - particularly a candidacy as imperfect as my own.





I'm a Hillary Clinton supporter, I am an American, I am a critic of yours and I am neither Black or White. I am Asian-American.





It figures that the corporate press would hear your pretty words and run with them, claiming they were the ultimate in race relations today. Don't think you've fooled all of us.





Liang.
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.
 
Poll1 { display:none; }