Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Typical Celebrity Post on Instagram (parody?)



Hey everybody!!!! Did you hear that someone dropped out of the Olympics? I don't really know anything about that or, really anything at all. But I do know how to get attention. Especially when my career's at a stand-still, you feel me?

So let me use this post to explain how I am so just like the athlete that dropped out. Exactly like her -- whatever her name was. Let's just call her "Me" because, really, isn't she?

Without any assumption to know you, Me, I feel that you -- and me -- we! -- continue to set a bar.

And while I'm celebrating people -- including me -- let me celebrate my daughter.

Just last month, I was making a joke, the way we do, you know, and I said of Elton John, "Stupid f**got." My daughter got up from the dinner table. I was all like, "C'mon, it's a joke." Because it is, you know. It's funny to call someone the f-word. And she later told me, in a letter -- because she knows I'm busy and face time with a star is limited -- how harmful she thought the word is. So as of July 2021, I am not using the term anymore. I'm like MLK or something so pat me on the back.

You know a lot of people think celebrities are out of touch but I prove that we are not. I lead the way because I am aware. That's why I'm sharing because, obviously, if I only just found out the word was wrong that means all the millions of idiots who aren't celebrities the way I am Here's a word for you: Homophobia. My daughter taught me that. It means you could get cancelled. You don't want it attached to your name -- no matter how funny you think the joke is or how much you think some little fancy nancy boy needs a come to Jesus moment. I can't tell you how many of those fancy nancy boys I used to have to straighten out in high school. Sure they cried but you know they needed it. I'm like Gandhi or Jesus or, the really big one, Oprah.

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.
 
Poll1 { display:none; }