Sunday, April 15, 2012

Mailbag: Our readers sound off

mailcall


Loraine M. e-mailed to say, "I have sometimes disagreed with articles or points here but I've understood the nature of the disagreement and taken it in stride. That is not the case with Ava and C.I.'s 'TV: Cable Nation's New Model' which I am furious with or, more to the point, I am furious with this note added last Friday --

It was actually added Thursday and here's the note:

[Ty note: 4-12-2012, since Ava and C.I. wrote this article, The Miami Herald has advised that they have corrected the error several times; however, some computer glitch keeps losing the correction. Frances Robles and the paper are aware of the error and have done their part to correct it. The problem's on the technical side. Ava, C.I. and I note our sympathy for Ms. Robles and the newspaper and hope technical issues are resolved so that they are not blamed for an error that they have tried to correct repeatedly. Our attitude here is that anyone can make a mistake -- and we often do -- but you should attempt to correct it when you do. The Miami Herald has repeatedly attempted to correct the error.]

Back to Loraine, "It does not belong in Ava and C.I.'s article. I appreciate that Ty, Ava and C.I. are trying to be kind to a stupid whore named Frances Robles. But Ava and C.I. reported on the Trayvon Martin coverage, Ava and C.I. did the work required, they got the 9-11 logs and reported from them. Obviously Whore Robles did not or she would not have falsely 'reported' that G. Zimmerman called 9/11 46 times since the start of January 2011. Ava and C.I.'s report stands. I want that awful note excusing a stupid media whore pulled from the article."

KeShawn agrees insisting, "So another non-Black tries to s**t stir in our community with her sloppy and ugly reporting and not only is there a note added to Ava and C.I.'s accurately reported article but Betty is nice enough to write a note at the top of an old post excusing Frances The Bitch Rubles [Robles] idiot and sloppy journalistic malpractice but the Bitch just can't sit her ass down and shut her damn mouth up. Maybe if she'd stopped sticking her non-Black nose into a racial powder keg, the country would be a lot better off. In the future, on stories like this, I want rational reporters. Frances Rubles is anything but rational. Take her away from computers and give her a coloring book. She might be able to handle that."

Lewis also was offended by the note and by "all the crap so-called 'professional journalist' Frances Robles is flinging our way. How the hell dare she try to trash Betty. I love Betty. We count on Betty because she keeps it real. Something cheap trash 'reporters' don't know how to do. Frances Robles is a public menace as far as I'm concerned and I want that note to Ava and C.I.'s report removed!"

Dorothy Ann G. e-mailed to inform, "I don't make threats often but if that note added to excuse the idiot Frances Robles and her dumb ass 'reporting' is not removed from Ava and C.I.'s article immediately, I will not only lose all respect for your site, I won't read it anymore. I count on this site for reality and to speak the truths others won't. Something like Ava and C.I.'s
'TV: The perverts still drool over Shirley Temple' could only appear at this site. You risk your reputation when you do stupid thinks like post that note."

Eric writes, "There's a word for Frances Robles but I don't think you'd let me say it at your site."

Latrice writes, "So the uppity bitch from Miami Herald thinks she can push around the colored girl? Well ain't it always the story, ain't it always. Someone needs to let the little bitch know that we don't take kindly to outsiders who get facts wrong in the Trayvon Martin story. Especially when the lack of a correction means everyone's repeating the lie. I understand the bitch 'reported' from Columbia. Figures. CIA whore most likely. There's not been real reporting on what takes place in Columbia from the corporate media. Whether it's Juan Forero or some other two bit whore, they're all liars who lie to advance their careers. Someone needs to make it damn clear that we're not standing for this crap anymore. It's bad enough we've got Al Sharpton embarrassing the community with his 'facts,' we don't need an outsider making us look stupid as well."

Jill weighed in with this, "Time has proven Betty to be one of the most careful of bloggers. We know she thinks very carefully about racial issues before weighing in and that she does this because her father long ago taught her when something blows up on the Black community, it's not the White 'helpers' who take the fall, it's the Black community. I pride the work Betty has done and the care she has taken. When I read a post like Friday's and Betty is tossing around the word 'bitch' -- Betty is tossing it around -- I know that Frances Rubles [Robles] has crossed a serious line. My heart goes out to Betty who does so much and I hope that Rubles rots in hell. I doubt this is the only attack that woman has launched and I'm sure Judgment Day will not be pretty for her. For that I am thankful."

Brady e-mailed, "What the f**k just happened? I'm reading Betty's site and she's cursing; our Betty's cursing! And some idiot is e-mailing Third Estate to trash Betty and Ty's explained that he knows Betty, that he lives with Betty and the idiots still e-mailing and still trashing Betty? What the f**k? As I understand it from Betty's post, some idiot piece of trash lied in print and, a month later, the lie still stood. Ava and C.I. reported on the idiot getting it wrong. Betty, a week later, noted that the idiot still had it wrong and was now offering one-sided snark passed off as reporting, and the crazy bitch comes after Betty? What the hell? And what kind standards do they have at The Miami Herald that this reporter thought she could e-mail non-stop e-mails attacking someone who had written a very kind note about her before she learned that the crazy bitch had been attacking her? That reporter needs to be fired. She needs to be examined in a mental institution [be]cause she is f**king nuts. Betty, I got your back."

Alex observes, "The Third Estate Sunday Review is a free site. I know that. I know that I don't pay a penny to read it and that the site belongs to Jim, Dona, Ty, Jess, Ava and C.I. I know that and I respect it. But I'm making a very serious request: Please remove the note that was added to Ava and C.I.'s report by Ty. Ava and C.I. reported accurately. It's a 'note' and not a 'correction.' So it doesn't belong in that article. And it upsets the flow of the piece. Ava and C.I. work very hard at the rhythm of their writing. Once you crack their rhythm (I had help by getting the audio Hilda's Mix), you can read the pieces as they intended to be and just enjoy the flow. The flow is upset by Ty's note and Ty's note doesn't belong. It's great of Ty and Ava and C.I. to have tried to be nice. But clearly they were nice to someone who didn't deserve it and I am begging you to please, please remove the note. I've been reading since May of 2005. The first thing that hooked me was Ava and C.I.'s 'TV: Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey Reporting for Two Hours of Self-Love' and I have never, in all that time, in all my e-mails asked for anything. I making a request now. Thank you."

Brandon Charles Long wants to know, "Who the f**k decided it was okay to go into Ava and C.I.'s writing and add a note? Which one of you f**kers thought it was okay to go into Ava and C.I.'s writing and add a note in the middle of their piece? If a note was needed, it should have been at the end. Like a great many of your readers, I visit this site just to read Ava and C.I. And I do not appreciate you dicking around with their writing. They have a unique voice and are among the top ten writers online. Don't f**k with their writing. Whichever one of you f**kers thought it was okay to dick them and the readers around better check yourself. [. . .] P.S. Ava and C.I.'s 'TV: 4 Days in 7th Hell' still cracks me up."


Kaywin keeps it brief, "Lose the note Ty added to Ava and C.I.'s masterpiece. Now."

And those eleven e-mails are representative of the 82 that came in over the last 24 hours. Our e-mail address is thirdestatesundayreview@yahoo.com. And we have listened, we have heard. We were already discussing the note before these e-mails came in. C.I. learned Friday night from Betty that she had been trashed. At which point she told Ava and they were both of the opinion that the note being included in their article needed to be rethought. The note was added when Robles was e-mailing constantly and Ty thought she'd stop trashing Betty when she read what Betty wrote. After the trashing continued, leading Ty to ignore several of the e-mails, Ty began to regret the note himself. It's decided, the note leaves Ava and C.I.'s article. It remains in this Mailbag so everyone can know what so enraged readers. But our readers are correct, that note is not a correction and no correction was needed for Ava and C.I.'s accurate article. That note was done as a courtesy and when that idiot 'reporter' continued to trash Betty to Ty -- after Betty had written a nice note about the woman, after Ty had explained he lives with Betty -- when that piece of trash kept trying to start s**t, our desire to show any courtesy flew out the window. The note is now gone from Ava and C.I.'s article.
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.
 
Poll1 { display:none; }