Sunday, October 15, 2006

Mike and C.I. each pick a highlight

Mike and C.I. say don't run a highlight from them. The edition is going long and we're considering scrapping attempts to do illustrations. (C.I.'s accepted Isaiah's offer to delay the comic this morning and Jess and Jim are combing through The New York Times to try to save C.I. time on this morning's entry at The Common Ills.)

We (Dona, Ty and Ava) agreed with it provided they'd do one thing -- each pick what they'd have highlighted from the other this week and why.

C.I.: I'm going with "Talking about the weekend" because I know Mike was wiped out, we all were. I know all he wanted was to get some sleep. I've been there, it's a pain in the ass -- like right now. That he wrote anything was surprising, that he wrote something worth reading is amazing. By the time we do the "note" here, summarizing the contents of the edition, I'm usually half out of it and thinking, "What did Jim just say?" So I enjoyed reading Mike's take on the edition and, again, I know he was exhausted but it doesn't show. He made other strong points throughout the week and I know I laughed with a few jokes he made. But this one was the impossible one, according to him on the phone shortly before he wrote it, so this is the one that stood out to me.


Mike: I'd go with "And the war drags on" because it basically sums up the week and that part about the mother whose son deploys on the 22nd to Iraq is really important. You've got Ricky Clousing in there. You've got the death toll. You've got pretty much everything. As long as we're noting people being exhausted, let me note that C.I. subbed for Kat on Friday and subbed for Rebecca on Thursday. Last weekend was a killer for us all. Hopefully this one won't be and we can get done within a half-hour or hour but this was an amazing entry and I'd pick it as my favorite.
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.
 
Poll1 { display:none; }