Tuesday, December 12, 2023

Books (Ty, Ava and C.I.)

1summerread

 

As we did in 2021, we're attempting to again increase book coverage in the community. After a review posts, we try to do a discussion with the reviewer.  This go round, we're talking to Ty about his "Leslie Jordan's sweet and charming biography (Ty)"  So you enjoyed Leslie Jordan's book?


Ty: I really did.  HOW Y'ALL DOING? MISADVENTURES AND MISCHIEF FROM A LIFE WELL LIVED is a good read and a charming book.


It's not really an autobiography.


Ty: No, it's more of a reflection.  He's reflecting on his life and zooming in on certain areas.  I really thought it was a great book.  

 

What was your favorite story shared in the book?

 

Ty: He, Lily Tomlin and Jane Wagner are working on a play and go on THE VIEW to promote it.  Leslie is so nervous he ends up talking and talking and talking and then their spot on THE VIEW is over and he realizes he talked the whole way through and Lily Tomlin didn't even get a word in.  It was funny, what happened and the way he tells it and how Lily jokes about it after.

 

What was your favorite character of all the ones Leslie Jordan played?

 

Ty: Clearly Beverly Leslie on WILL & GRACE.  He and Megan Mullally were a great comedy team.  And Beverly and his "business associate Benji" were always funny.  I miss him.

 

-------------

 

Previous book discussions:

 "Books (Trina, Ava and C.I.),"Books (Stan, Ava and C.I.),"  "Books (Ty, Ava and C.I.)," "Books (Rebecca, Ava and C.I.)," "Books (Elaine, Ava and C.I.)," "Books (Marcia, Ava and C.I.)," "Books (Isaiah, Ava and C.I.),"  "Books (Ava and C.I.)," "Books (Trina, Isaiah, Ava and C.I.)," "Books (Marcia, Rebecca, Ava and C.I.)," "Books (Ann, Mike, Ava and C.I.)," "Books (Stan, Ava and C.I.)," "Books (Mike, Ava and C.I.),"  "Books (Ann, Elaine, Kat, Ava and C.I.)," "Books (Isaiah, Stan, Ava and C.I.)," "Books (Trina, Kat, Ava and C.I.)," "Books (Marcia, Ann and C.I.)," "Books (Ruth, Ava and C.I.)," "Books (Isaiah, Ava and C.I.)," "Books (Mike, Ava and C.I.)," "Books (Kat, Ava and C.I.)," "Books (Marcia, Ava and C.I.)," "Books (Trina, Ava and C.I.)," "Books (Rebecca, Ava and C.I.)," "Books (Isaiah, Kat, Ava and C.I.)," "Books (Stan, Ava and C.I.)," "Books (Kat, Ava and C.I.)," "Books (Marcia, Ava and C.I.)," "Books (Ann, Ava and C.I.)," "Books (Trina, Ava and C.I.)," "Books (Marcia, Ava and C.I.)" and "Books (Ava and C.I.)."

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.
 
Poll1 { display:none; }