Sunday, October 13, 2013

A note to our readers

Hey --

Another Sunday.



First up, we thank all who participated this edition which includes Dallas and the following:



The Third Estate Sunday Review's Jim, Dona, Ty, Jess and Ava,
Rebecca of Sex and Politics and Screeds and Attitude,
Betty of Thomas Friedman Is a Great Man,
C.I. of The Common Ills and The Third Estate Sunday Review,
Kat of Kat's Korner (of The Common Ills),
Mike of Mikey Likes It!,
Elaine of Like Maria Said Paz),
Cedric of Cedric's Big Mix,
Ruth of Ruth's Report,
Wally of The Daily Jot,
Trina of Trina's Kitchen,
Marcia of SICKOFITRDLZ,
Stan of Oh Boy It Never Ends,
Isaiah of The World Today Just Nuts,
and Ann of Ann's Mega Dub.

And what did we come up with?


Glen Ford's having another strong year.
We believe this is Norman Pollack's second truest.
This was done quickly.  We were tired.  It probably shows.  We had a non-Iraq editorial planned but out Iraq piece fell apart -- yes, we did do Iraq writing today worse than this.

Ava and C.I.'s latest piece is amazing.  And, yes, they did threaten to walk when I (Jim) put "treason" into an editorial a few years ago.  For the record, they asked that it be taken out of the headline and I said, "Why?"  I wanted an explanation.  Dona told me, "Take it out, just take it out right now."  I said I'd consider taking it out after I heard the argument.  Meanwhile Ava and C.I. are freaking out because it's up at the site.  That's when they say, "Take it out right now or we walk and we don't come back."  So I took it out.  And after, they explained to me what they explain in the article.  I see their point.  This is a great piece and they got to weigh in on We Are Men.  They were wanting to go after that show last week but I asked them to weigh in on Spader instead.  And?  That TV piece has over 800,000 views.  I was right about where the interest lie.

Dona sits down with Wally, Kat, Ava and C.I. to discuss hearings the four attended last week.  A reader e-mailed Thursday to remind Dona there had not been a Congress piece in a while.

Ann raised this issue.  She noted we used to do this last year and the year before.  With fall shows airing, could we do it now?  Yes.

We do read the e-mails -- thethirdestatesundayreview@yahoo.com

We plan to do more on Caprice later this year.

Adam Kokesh.

Workers World repost.

Lynne Stewart needs to be set free and set free now.

Mike and the gang wrote this and we thank them for it.


 Peace.




-- Jim, Dona, Ty, Jess, Ava and C.I.
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.
 
Poll1 { display:none; }