Sunday, September 05, 2010

Truest statement of the week II

There cannot be healing without justice -- there is only this stubborn amnesia that We the American people impose on ourselves that allows the Mis-Rulers to keep committing their unrepentant and unpunished crimes.

It doesn't matter if I turn the page -- all the pages in the future have my dead son written all over them -- I can skip to the last page, and if I can’t read anything else, Casey’s needless and untimely death will always be carved into the millions of pieces of my broken heart.

And Casey and I are just two of millions.

And by the way, Barack -- I am not "turning the page" on my opposition to the continued occupation of Iraq, nor the escalating violence in Afghanistan until every last one of our troops/contractors/war profiteers are back on U.S. soil.

-- Peace Mom Cindy Sheehan, "Page Turning, etc" (Cindy Sheehan's Soapbox):
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.
 
Poll1 { display:none; }