Tuesday, October 17, 2023

Books (Elaine, Ava and C.I.)

1summerread

 

As we did in 2021, we're attempting to again increase book coverage in the community. After a review posts, we try to do a discussion with the reviewer.  This go round, we're talking to Elaine about her "Howard Zinn's A PEOPLE HISTORY OF THE UNITED STATES." So tell us about the book.  So you read A PEOPLE'S HISTORY OF THE UNITED STATES?


Elaine: Right.  I saw it on KINDLE UNLIMITED and thought, "Let me put it out there that it's available."  

You've read it before.


Elaine: Many times.  But this was the first time since Howard Zinn died back in 2010.  

And it holds up?


Elaine: It really does.  Especially with the assault on Gaza taking place right now.  It's not unlike his coverage of the way the Native Americans were targeted, their land stolen and them hunted down.  There are many parallels and that's because Howard focused on the patterns and the facts.  I think the book's empowering and that most readers will love it.

How are you loving KINDLE UNLIMITED?

Elaine: Our daughter loves it so we'll keep it.  I don't use it unless it's my time to review which I honestly thought it was.  My apologies to Rebecca who'll review a book next week.  I thought it was my turn.

But you'd just done one last week?

Elaine: And that's how little my website matters to me, I didn't even remember that I'd done a review last week.  Or maybe I forgot because I was excited to see that KINDLE UNLIMITED had Howard's book.

You've loved that book for years.

Elaine: Yes and I think it should be taught in history classes across the country because it connects you to the history -- it's not just tales from the past, it's stories and facts that have impacted your life as Howard makes clear in his writing.


---------------

Previous book discussions this year.

 

 

"Books (Elaine, Ava and C.I.)," "Books (Marcia, Ava and C.I.)," "Books (Isaiah, Ava and C.I.),"  "Books (Ava and C.I.)," "Books (Trina, Isaiah, Ava and C.I.)," "Books (Marcia, Rebecca, Ava and C.I.)," "Books (Ann, Mike, Ava and C.I.)," "Books (Stan, Ava and C.I.)," "Books (Mike, Ava and C.I.),"  "Books (Ann, Elaine, Kat, Ava and C.I.)," "Books (Isaiah, Stan, Ava and C.I.)," "Books (Trina, Kat, Ava and C.I.)," "Books (Marcia, Ann and C.I.)," "Books (Ruth, Ava and C.I.)," "Books (Isaiah, Ava and C.I.)," "Books (Mike, Ava and C.I.)," "Books (Kat, Ava and C.I.)," "Books (Marcia, Ava and C.I.)," "Books (Trina, Ava and C.I.)," "Books (Rebecca, Ava and C.I.)," "Books (Isaiah, Kat, Ava and C.I.)," "Books (Stan, Ava and C.I.)," "Books (Kat, Ava and C.I.)," "Books (Marcia, Ava and C.I.)," "Books (Ann, Ava and C.I.)," "Books (Trina, Ava and C.I.)," "Books (Marcia, Ava and C.I.)" and "Books (Ava and C.I.)."

 

 

 

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.
 
Poll1 { display:none; }