Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Mailbag

 

mailcall





Again into the mailbag.  Our e-mail address is thethirdestatesundayreview@yahoo.com and common_ills@yahoo.com.

 

Lisa Spencer e-mails about the "Music roundtable" to ask what specifically gets pulled when the transcript was typed up?

 

In that roundtable, specifically, Cedric's remarks were removed from one part.

 

Cedric: I brought up "Benny and the Jets" and how the chorus had always been too sugary candy to me but I heard the song on Spotify recently and fell in love with it.  I'm not an Elton John fan.  I probably had eight or nine sentences where I was praising him and saying I had missed how great his performance was and blah.  Ava and C.I. take notes during the roundtable.  That's how we get the transcript.  So C.I. calls me when they're typing it up.  She sks if that can be pulled?  Sure.  But why?  Turns out, I was raving about Steve Grand's version.  I hadn't realized that and I had to stop a second and think and then I started laughing because I realized that's what I liked about it.  So that time, something was pulled because it was wrong.  

 

Darius Hatchett e-mails, "You think you're funny but you're not.  You are coemedians and that's not a typo.  Coemedians because your jokes belong in the toilet."

 

Dona: But will be able to fit them in there with you?  

 

Billy78 wants "more TV coverage."  He states, "Ava and C.I. are the weekly drawing card but I'm honestly depressed as hell these days with all this Covid and so much more.  I have several of Ava and C.I.'s bookmarked like the 7th HEAVEN one that I read over and over.  But I would love an edition with six pieces written by just them."

 

We would too.  But we doubt Ava and C.I. would agree.  We will point out that we have all taken weekends off.  The only ones who have never had a week off since this site started in January 2005?  Ava and C.I.

 

Prounce Sherman is thrilled with "Music roundtable" but wants more of them.  We are trying to beef up the music coverage here.  Ava and C.I. are planning a music piece of the edition that goes up after Christmas.  

 

Fred Cardosa wonders if we will ever go back to covering comics?  Maybe but we don't see anything in the near future.

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.
 
Poll1 { display:none; }