Sunday, February 05, 2012

A note to our readers

Hey --
Another Sunday.

First up, we thank all who participated this edition which includes Dallas and the following:

The Third Estate Sunday Review's Jim, Dona, Ty, Jess and Ava,
Rebecca of Sex and Politics and Screeds and Attitude,
Betty of Thomas Friedman Is a Great Man,
C.I. of The Common Ills and The Third Estate Sunday Review,
Kat of Kat's Korner (of The Common Ills),
Mike of Mikey Likes It!,
Elaine of Like Maria Said Paz),
Cedric of Cedric's Big Mix,
Ruth of Ruth's Report,
Wally of The Daily Jot,
Trina of Trina's Kitchen,
Marcia of SICKOFITRDLZ,
Stan of Oh Boy It Never Ends,
Isaiah of The World Today Just Nuts,
and Ann of Ann's Mega Dub.

What did we come up with?

This is a really important one.
Trina really said it. We read it and nodded along last week but it took C.I. to pull quote it and nominate it for a truest for us to really grasp what we were reading. Well said, Trina.

C.I. was going to write something similar at The Common Ills Saturday night. I (Jim) said if she could hold that thought, we could make it the editorial.

Ava and C.I.'s masterpiece. The second this went up, the phones at C.I.'s home started ringing. People wanting to talk to Ava and C.I. who couldn't get them on their cells. That's because Ava (and Jess) and C.I. (and a date) were at the movies. They weren't interested in the Superbowl and C.I. likes to go when the crowds are thin (or else she screens films in her home). They went to see Jodie Foster and Kate Winslet in Carnage -- a film they'd tried to see on the road but that had never worked out. They also posted everything, by the way. I'm not joking. But back to this. Everyone loves this. They were calling here trying to get a hold of Ava and C.I. A few (ABC people) were saying, "I can't believe you put that in!" while others (non ABC) were curious which show spoofed the bad biographer last month. They warned at the top that there were spoilers. They praise the show and have seen the first four episodes. The pilot they saw not only on DVD but also on numerous flights. In all, they saw the pilot seven times.
We were asked for another roundtable. We provided it. I said I'd note the alteration in it here. Ava and C.I. edited out a portion. That's fine, it happens all the time. In this case, Elaine was talking about an actress (she didn't name her but it was Julianne Moore) suddenly giving a damn about reproductive rights. Moore didn't give a f**k about them in 2008 when she went with Barack over Hillary. Julianne Moore is a used up actress increasingly dependent upon TV for her ever-thinning career. No one feels the need to be nice about her anymore (including C.I. who knows her personally). As C.I. said, "When Jodie turned down the sequel [to Silence of the Lambs] it was for a reason. That Julie was so desperate for a hit that she'd appear in that crap really lowered her in the eyes of the industry and she's never gotten back to the perch she was on. There were so many of us rooting for Annette [Bening] and Mark [Ruffalo] to win for The Kids Are Alright. But no one gave a damn if Julie won or not. She's hurt her own career repeatedly and her attempt to play like she gives a damn about women's rights now looks very opportunistic on her part. Good thing she's got so many TV roles to fall back on." But what happened was Elaine made her remarks and Dona said, "Let's pull that and we'll do a feature on that." And so we did an edit and noted it and came in with Dona and then went to me asking Elaine to explain what she was talking about but less specifically. So Elaine did. But we never wrote the piece. We were supposed to regroup after the Superbowl and after the film to write that piece. But Ava and C.I. were in the theater watching the trailers and decided to start publishing. So they did an edit on the roundtable that may leave Elaine sounding weird. (Elaine's okay with that and gave them her permission before they published.)

Wally, Ava, C.I., Kat and Mike came up with this.
Ava, C.I., Wally, Betty and an SNL friend of C.I.'s came up with this. And Ava and C.I. added a note to it after the movie.


Our readers pick the idiot of the week. Thank you to them.

Ava and C.I. copied Rebecca's post. On our list of things to do was to note "Free" and Graffiti6 but we didn't get to it. They were in the movie auditorium and made the decision to copy and paste Rebecca's post. That was a good decision.

We note Jill Stein who's running for the Green Party's presidential nomination.

The Burn Pit Symposium is only a week away.

Repost from Workers World.

Mike and the gang wrote this and we thank them for it.

And that's what we ended up with.




Peace.

-- Jim, Dona, Ty, Jess, Ava and C.I.
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.
 
Poll1 { display:none; }