Sunday, June 27, 2010

A note to our readers

Hey --

Another Sunday. We made it through, how about you? We is Dallas and the following helped on this edition:


The Third Estate Sunday Review's Jim, Dona, Ty, Jess, and Ava,
Rebecca of Sex and Politics and Screeds and Attitude,
Betty of Thomas Friedman Is a Great Man,
C.I. of The Common Ills and The Third Estate Sunday Review,
Kat of Kat's Korner (of The Common Ills),
Cedric of Cedric's Big Mix,
Mike of Mikey Likes It!,
Elaine of Like Maria Said Paz),
Ruth of Ruth's Report,
Wally of The Daily Jot,
Trina of Trina's Kitchen
Marcia of SICKOFITRDLZ,
Stan of Oh Boy It Never Ends,
Isaiah of The World Today Just Nuts,
and Ann of Ann's Mega Dub.

What did we come up with?

We do so enjoy it when pledged delegate for Obama Norman Solomon gets called to the carpet.


And to do it on the air, on the Pacifica air waves? It's past time that Matthew Lazar found another gig. He's played at crazy long enough. And Doug Henwood is becoming radio's most bitter aging queen. How Liza puts up with it, we'll never know.



I (Jim) came up with the wonderful title (I'm joking) to this piece by Ava and C.I. This really is a good one and if there had been more time, it would have been even longer.

Elaine has pitched this for weeks. One week, C.I. said, "I'm just too tired." Elaine was as well. The other weeks? They were both on board but others (including me) nixed it. We hadn't done a parody in so long and I (for one) just wasn't sure that we could. Wrong. This is very funny.


Ava and C.I. wrote this in exchange for the parody being done this week. The deal was, "We can take on Laura Flanders, Katrina vanden Heuvel and Lie Face, then we all work on the parody." Who could resist that offer?

Our Iraq feature. The final thing we wrote this edition. Credit C.I., Wally and Mike especially because the rest of us were on the ropes. By the way, the Gulf Disaster was our editorial. We were too tired. Dona found some scraps Ava and C.I. discarded and thought they could be expanded to what became the editorial.

This is an important article and we'll go on the record now before someone is injured or dead.

Still not sure about a parody, I was surprised when Elaine began reading this. "What is that?" I asked. "Ava, C.I. and I wrote it Friday," she explained. This was to be part of the parody but it was too good so I insisted it be a stand alone.

Today is PTSD Awareness Day.

Mike & the gang did this and we thank them all.

That's it. We're exhausted.


Peace.

-- Jim, Dona, Ty, Jess, Ava and C.I.
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.
 
Poll1 { display:none; }