Sunday, January 11, 2009

Highlights

This piece is written by Rebecca of Sex and Politics and Screeds and Attitude, Cedric of Cedric's Big Mix, Kat of Kat's Korner, Betty of Thomas Friedman is a Great Man, Mike of Mikey Likes It!, Elaine of Like Maria Said Paz, Ruth of Ruth's Report, Marcia of SICKOFITRADLZ, Stan of Oh Boy It Never Ends and Wally of The Daily Jot. Unless otherwise noted, we picked all highlights.





"I Hate The War" -- C.I.'s post is the most requested highlight by readers e-mailing Ty. A number are saying C.I.'s been on fire non-stop for three weeks now. Wally says, "C.I. was dead tired when this was written. We'd just finished the roundtable for the gina & krista round-robin. We were all in a hotel, around a TV and Kat and Ava said that was it for them and they were going to sleep. Cedric and I hadn't done our joint-post so I stayed up. This was written after C.I. wrote the column for the gina & krista round-robin. So my point would be, I agree C.I.'s been writing these powerful pieces non-stop but I think they're fueled by what's going on in the world. It's not like she's getting any additional rest or sleep." Kat adds, "With so many shirking their responsibilities on Iraq, I think it's also true C.I. feels the pressure to up her committment."



"Egg Drop Soup in the Kitchen" -- Trina and the economy and Barack's tiny measures.





"Senator Burris and moving" -- Yes, Betty's moving. Everyone's moving out to California! For those trying to keep track, that's Ty, Dona, Jim, Ava, Jess, Wally and now Betty who will all be living at C.I.'s. Add in that Kat has her own place in the Bay Area and the whole gang's off California Dreamin'! Kat is with Betty this weekend, helping her with some packing and flying out with her (and Betty's kids) on Monday.



"Marilyn Monroe," "gaza, bette davis," "Gary Cooper," "Charlie Chaplin," "Clark Gable, Roland Burris," "Ingrid Bergman," "John Wayne" and "Audrey Hepburn"-- the Wednesday community theme posts. Last week's theme was films.





"gaza," "u.n. votes for cease-fire," "today the israeli military attacked the u.n." and "the assault continues" -- Rebecca's Gaza coverage. Marcia suggested we note that because she had one e-mailer a while back (three or four weeks ago) whining that Marcia didn't give a damn about the Palestinians because of who she voted for. Marcia's response, "I didn't vote for Barack. Don't blame me. I voted for Ralph Nader." And she pointed out that Rebecca covers this topic.



"The Pentagon further stigmatizes PTSD" -- This is a highlight because Wally just mentioned it. You need to read this to be ready for Monday at TCI. How come? Wally explained a big cry baby quoted in The New York Times whined and whined about distortions by the paper. C.I.'s response, "What the f**k am I supposed to do?" (C.I. put it kinder.) So the whiner has a response about how he's not anti-PTSD and C.I.'s posting it on Monday. (If you read this, you'll be able to tell which whiner. And no, the paper didn't misquote him, nor did C.I.)



"THIS JUST IN! SON OF A NEWT GINGRICH!" & "Ronald Reagan and Richard Nixon's love child" -- Wally and Cedric cover Barack and his desire to privatize Social Security.







"Gaza" -- Ruth had been speaking Friday with C.I., Ava, Kat, Wally and Rebecca. And she brought along her grandson and Rebecca brought along her daughter. Ruth was tired Friday night and she honestly is surprised that this got requested in e-mails as a highlight. Just goes to show you, you never know what will reach out to someone. (That's not an insult to Ruth's post. We all agree it's a strong one. But she doesn't think it is.)



Isaiah's The World Today Just Nuts "Debutante Barack" -- Isaiah's comic is hilarious and we're hoping to use it in some way this edition; however, we're almost done (and all tired) so that might not happen. :(





"Elvis and Princess Brat Caroline" -- On Elvis' birthday, Kat reminds the world what a piece of trash Caroline Kennedy is.





"Homophobe Tim Kaine" & "Tim Kaine, World Ultimate Homophobe" -- Marcia and Stan on the homophobe. Did they both plan to write about it? They really hadn't talked about it. The thing they both linked to was e-mailed to them by Stan's mother. Marcia, "So, if I'd known we were both planning to link, I would've said, 'Hey, she's just my aunt, so you link'." They did however work things out before blogging "I see a pattern of racism" and "They refused to seat Roland Burris."







"Pez and Flinstone's vitamins" -- This was popular, no surprise. It's Mike's and he also got some griping e-mails about how this isn't really a topic worth exploring. It's not? You try blogging then and do it for several years. You'll find that you sometimes blog about whatever's in your head at that time. And you'll also grasp, as all of us do, that a topic like Pez can attract outsiders who will drop by and see the Iraq snapshot for that day.



"7 singers (6 songwriters)" -- Elaine's post on songwriters and singers was also popular and she says, "No one better expect an apology from me. I'm sick of doing a site. I enjoyed writing that and will write about music anytime I feel like it." Seriously, Elaine, C.I. and Ava are ready to pack it in. (Rebecca says, "They'll feel differently in the spring.")



"Barack, like Bully Boy, fakes press conferences" -- Barack's faking press conferences. When does the press intend to call that out?



"Harry Reid flashes his true colors" & "THIS JUST IN! HARRY REID AND HIS WHITE SHEET!" -- Cedric & Wally's joint-post on racist Harry Reid.





"Death of the alleged peace queen" -- Kat wraps up a topic begun in last week's "Roundtable."
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.
 
Poll1 { display:none; }