Sunday, March 25, 2007

The Stateside Army Book Club

A possible explanation of the backstory to recent events.

joshua

to: George
from: Chris
OMG, I'm on page 44 where this Marine's daughter goes to an Army recruiting center and her father comes in and drags her out saying, "There is no goddamn way that any daughter of mine is joining the fucking army." I love this book!
Later

to: Chris
from: George
Dude, you JUST DON'T KNOW-OW-OW! Wait till you get to page 61 when he's in Ramadi.
Fright back at ya!

to: George
from: Chris
You were SO right. And page 77, where Joshua Key's rigging up the makeshift shower, he is smart! I can't wait to see how this ends!

to: Chris
from: George
Don't take this the wrong way, I'm not like drooling over Joshua Key or anything, but he's like really smart and the more pages I read of The Deserter's Tale, the more I want to meet him.

to: George
from: Chris
I get what you're saying. I was just like that on John Grisham after I read The Client. My buddy Mac was the same way after he read Sebastian Junger's The Perfect Storm.

to: Chris
from: George
Kewl.

to: George
from: Chris
Do you ever wonder what it would be like to meet Joshua Key?

to: Chris
from: George
Oh dude, all the time!!!!! There are so many things I'd like to ask him. Or just tell him how much his book moved me. I'm on page 194, where he's about to go underground. I can't wait to see how this turns out!

to: George
from: Chris
Dude, he goes to Canada. This is a true story. Don't you follow the news?

to: Chris
from: George
My bad.

to: George
from: Chris
Hey, my buddy Mac says we should try to meet Key. You up for it?

to: Chris
from: George
Does a horse crap standing up? Hell yeah! But how? I mean, he might just think we were silly groupies. I don't want to be going into anything makes me less of a man, you know?

to: George
from: Chris
I feel ya. Let me toss it around and sleep on it.

to: George
from: Chris
Mac just said we should all go to Canada. He says the three of us should find out where Key lives and we can pose as police because Canadians are so laid back they don't give two shits about impersonating an officer.

to: Chris
from: George
Dude. That HAS to be true. Sure, count me in. When do I start packing?

to: George
from: Chris
AH-SUM! Right now. Mac says he's up for it and we should leave right away. Dude, this is so awesome!

to: Chris
from: George
Word. To the father. I'm on it. Pick me up in half an hour.
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.
 
Poll1 { display:none; }