Monday, December 18, 2023

Madonna's tour

Reposting Ann's piece on which act of Madonna's concert she'd want to see.

 

Madonna

Pop legend and dance queen Madonna is on tour.  Melissa Ruggieri (USA Today) covers the tour and notes the set list.  So question.  You win free tickets to Madonna's tour but it's only good for one act of the five act performance.  Based on the set list, which act do you choose to watch?


Set list:

 

Act I

  1. "Nothing Really Matters"
  2. "Everybody"
  3. "Into the Groove"
  4. "I Love New York"*
  5. "Burning Up"
  6. "Open Your Heart"
  7. "Holiday"

Act II

8. "Live to Tell"

9. "Like a Prayer"

Act III

10. "Erotica"

11. "Justify My Love"

12. "Hung Up"

13. "Bad Girl"

 

Act IV

14. "Vogue"

15. "Human Nature"

16. "Crazy for You"

Act V

17. "Die Another Day"

 

18. "Don't Tell Me"

19. "Mother and Father"

20. "I Will Survive" (Gloria Gaynor cover)

21. "La Isla Bonita"

22. "Don't Cry for Me Argentina"

 

 

Act VI

23. "Bedtime Story"

24. "Ray of Light"

25. "Rain"

 

 

Act VII

26. "Billie Jean" / "Like a Virgin"

27. "Bitch I'm Madonna"

28. "Celebration"

 

 For me, it would be Act I -- I love "Holiday" and "Everybody" -- or Act VI.  I think "Ray Of Light" would be a great song to perform live and "Rain" is probably my all time favorite Madonna song.  That said, if "Beautiful Stranger" had made the play list in any other act, I might have picked that act.


This is C.I.'s "Iraq snapshot:"

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.
 
Poll1 { display:none; }