Sunday, October 06, 2013

A note to oure readers

Hey --


Another Sunday.

First up, we thank all who participated this edition which includes Dallas and the following:

The Third Estate Sunday Review's Jim, Dona, Ty, Jess and Ava,
Rebecca of Sex and Politics and Screeds and Attitude,
Betty of Thomas Friedman Is a Great Man,
C.I. of The Common Ills and The Third Estate Sunday Review,
Kat of Kat's Korner (of The Common Ills),
Mike of Mikey Likes It!,
Elaine of Like Maria Said Paz),
Cedric of Cedric's Big Mix,
Ruth of Ruth's Report,
Wally of The Daily Jot,
Trina of Trina's Kitchen,
Marcia of SICKOFITRDLZ,
Stan of Oh Boy It Never Ends,
Isaiah of The World Today Just Nuts,
and Ann of Ann's Mega Dub.

We thank them all. What did we come up with?


Glen Ford gets another truest.
Barry Grey is also someone familiar to the truests.
Tim Ryan grandstanded on Iraq. Turns out he didn't have a leg to stand on -- in part because he had both feet in his mouth.
Ava and C.I. take on The Blacklist.
I (Jim) usually write all the headlines.  Not this one.  We needed a headline for this mock New York Post feature.  Ava and C.I. came up with this one.  Our illustrations?  They were fun.  Kat, Ty and Rebecca did the Tim Tebow image.  
We're still having problems with our image hoster.  At present, there's only one illustration.  Hopefully, two more will be added shortly.
Send your thoughts in and we'll try the product. 
Noam Chomsky.
We had two other features planned and in draft stage whne Jess found this topic.  Ava and C.I. were already familiar with it but the rest of us weren't.

Here I take on Trash.  And thought I ended it but Ty plans to do an ending chapter.
And here I offer advice to Joel Wing.  And made the mistake of saying I was tired from doing two pieces at which point, Ava and C.I. mocked me.with, "Poor baby.  Try being us and having you insist we need to do a second piece and then a third."  Yes, I have done that to them several times.  Point taken.

ETAN.
Where is Workers World?   We just didn't have room this week.
Another protest. to note.

Mike and the gang wrote this and we thank them for it.

Peace.

-- Jim, Dona, Ty, Jess, Ava and C.I.
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.
 
Poll1 { display:none; }