Sunday, May 27, 2012

A note to our readers

Hey --
Another Sunday.

First up, we thank all who participated this edition which includes Dallas and the following:

The Third Estate Sunday Review's Jim, Dona, Ty, Jess and Ava,
Rebecca of Sex and Politics and Screeds and Attitude,
Betty of Thomas Friedman Is a Great Man,
C.I. of The Common Ills and The Third Estate Sunday Review,
Kat of Kat's Korner (of The Common Ills),
Mike of Mikey Likes It!,
Elaine of Like Maria Said Paz),
Cedric of Cedric's Big Mix,
Ruth of Ruth's Report,
Wally of The Daily Jot,
Trina of Trina's Kitchen,
Marcia of SICKOFITRDLZ,
Stan of Oh Boy It Never Ends,
Isaiah of The World Today Just Nuts,
and Ann of Ann's Mega Dub.

We thank them all. What did we come up with?

Hillary Is 44 probably summed up domestic politics best this week.
Kat lobbied hard for Senator Richard Burr.  But she didn't have to twist any arms.  He earned it.


Moqtada's smiling because Nouri appears to be imploding.  Seriously though, have you ever before seen a photo of Moqtada smiling?


If it was going to be a light edition, I asked Ava and C.I. if they could do anything a bit heavier than usual. They mentioned professional reaction to their piece last week and how they could write about that.  They didn't make it sound important and I know they are sick of this site so I didn't push.  Imagine my (Jim) surprise when I read it out loud to everyone.  This is a really strong piece and, yet again, the thing that makes them leaders and the Water Cooler Set nothing but followers.


Dona didn't really play with Barbies.  The idea was Jess would moderate.  Jess was fine with moderating but he wondered if it should be confined to those who had played with Barbies?  We agreed that was probably best.  So Jess was out.  Dona was out.  That left Ava and C.I. Ava didn't want to do it so that left C.I.  Participants also had to have played with Barbies at some point in their lives.  (Like Mike, I'm sure I'll play with Barbies if my daughter gets into them -- Dona just said, "My daughter too!")  I think this really turned out good.  I was afraid it was going to suck because it was postponed so many times.  That's what usually happens to a feature that gets knocked back and knocked back again and again.

A quick roundtable on Congressional hearings moderated by Dona.  This wasn't planned and only when another feature -- on music -- couldn't be saved did Dona rush into this one.

A short feature.  But honestly, could he look more stop-motion?

Another Iraq piece.

Memorial Day is upon us.
We continue to note Jill Stein's campaign.

A repost from Workers World.

Mike and the gang wrote this and we thank them for it.



Peace.

-- Jim, Dona, Ty, Jess, Ava and C.I.
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.
 
Poll1 { display:none; }