Sunday, November 28, 2010

Jim's World

There are few things I know a great deal about but among my limited scope of expertise is candy, specifically chocolate. Thanksgiving is over and that used to mean they'd start putting up Christmas candy at grocery and drug stores but these days they start putting up Christmas candy right after Halloween.

I'm ranking five pieces of candy that you should be able to find at any large drug or grocery store.

acandy3

1) Simply the best. Palmer's Gingerbread Pal candy actually looks like the wrapper -- same colors and everything. Not only does it look like the package, it actually tastes like milk chocolate. This is actually the best holiday candy I've tasted.



acandy2

2) A close second is Russell Stover's Marshmallow Santa. Are you a marshmallow fan? I'm a huge marshmallow fan and, every year, I look forward to grabbing some Russell Stover Marshmallow chocolates. (Just as every Easter, I look forward to their raspberry creams.)


acandy1

3) Nestle Crunch. Here's the thing, it tastes just like a Nestle's Crunch bar. If you want one of those, why don't you just buy one? It's actually cheaper than this small portion. But, on the plus side, it tastes like the candy bar. Huh? Let's go to number four.



acandy4

4) Hershey's offers a fifty-cent piece candy, milk chocolate. And with a happy Santa on the wrapping how could you go -- Wait. That's not a happy Santa. In fact, he looks confused. Possibly he just ate one of these. I'm a big fan of the Hershey milk chocolate bars but this little bitty candy bar here is far too rich while, at the same time, chalky.


acandy5


5) Russell Stover's Candy Cane Marshmallow. I love the marshmallow and I happen to love candy canes. I was really looking forward to this (for me anyway) new flavor. I wondered what candy cane marshmallow would even taste like. I still don't know. The "candy cane" refers to peppermint slices that stick to the front of the chocolate shell. If that doesn't sound like a tasty texture, it isn't.
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.
 
Poll1 { display:none; }