Sunday, October 10, 2010

A note to our readers

Hey --
Not so early for us.

Thank you to all who worked on this edition:

The Third Estate Sunday Review's Jim, Dona, Ty, Jess, and Ava,
Rebecca of Sex and Politics and Screeds and Attitude,
Betty of Thomas Friedman Is a Great Man,
C.I. of The Common Ills and The Third Estate Sunday Review,
Kat of Kat's Korner (of The Common Ills),
Cedric of Cedric's Big Mix,
Mike of Mikey Likes It!,
Elaine of Like Maria Said Paz),
Ruth of Ruth's Report,
Wally of The Daily Jot,
Trina of Trina's Kitchen,
Marcia of SICKOFITRDLZ,
Stan of Oh Boy It Never Ends,
Isaiah of The World Today Just Nuts,
and Ann of Ann's Mega Dub.

Heidi Boghosian managed to get this which is surprising only because there were three other nominations that were her remarks on last week's Law and Disorder Radio (there were five other nominations that weren't Heidi).

This came down to Joe Wilson or Roger D. Hodge and we went with Wilson.


The last feature we did for this edition and I think it shows. ("I" being Jim.) Maybe it works, maybe it doesn't, we're just ready to go to sleep.

Dona wanted me to title Ava and C.I.'s wonderful TV commentary something with "dreams" in the title. I couldn't think of anything like that, so I used reboot headline instead. Even if you hate the title, you'll love what Ava and C.I. wrote.

A short feature and, Barack, we'll offer you further fashion tips in coming weeks now that -- visting the White House website this morning -- we see that you're listening.

You can stand for homophobia or you can stand against it. We stand against it. The big disagreement on this article was whether or not to put Rebecca's name out there. Rebecca's attitude was it was her line that was objected to by one reader so put it out there. She even wanted the piece linked to but we couldn't remember when it ran. I backed Rebecca up after she said to put her name to it. Others felt Rebecca's name being used was hiding behind her. I can see that point as well. For me, it comes back to Rebecca wrote the line and she wanted her name next to it (not for credit, obviously). (Longterm readers who want to find the article, search for Ron and his friend we do not name. I'm sure you know who I mean.)
A survey piece. This was almost another piece. Or rather, almost two. The Faludi remarks are largely Ava and C.I. and were a lot stronger in the original version. They watered it down and refused our suggestion that they write a feature just on Faludi's article. They argued they were too tired. If there's no response piece from them next week, I would argue that proves my point, they just didn't want to call out Faludi.

ETAN.

Mike, Elaine, Cedric, Ann, Rebecca, Betty, Kat, Wally, Stan, Marcia and Ruth wrote this and we thank them for it.


So that's what we managed. Our e-mail address is thirdestatesundayreview@yahoo.com.

Peace.

-- Jim, Dona, Ty, Jess, Ava and C.I.
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.
 
Poll1 { display:none; }