Sunday, May 23, 2010

Scott Brown's so pretty

Joey: Remember when you were a kid and your Mom would drop you off at the movies with a jar of jam and a little spoon?
Rachel: You're so pretty.

-- Friends, "The One With The Jam," written by Wil Calhoun.

Since that episode aired, "You're so pretty" has become the response to really absurd moments. Such as last week when the Senate Veterans Affairs Committee held an open hearing and the need for possible cuts in veterans benefits was briefly floated. Didn't read about it? C.I. and Wally attended the hearing and reported on it.


Senator Scott Brown: I'm wondering if you could just tell me what benefits might be at risk at this point and time? Any specific issues that we need to focus on that we're missing or falling through the cracks?

Thomas Pamperin: Benefits that are currently being delivered that might be taken away?


Senator Scott Brown: Right. Things that we -- that you're saying, "You know what? We got to keep our eye on this."



Thomas Pamperin: Uh - uh, we'd be glad to - to give you a more extensive response in - in the future. Uh . . . My - my concern is that the nation clearly --




Senator Scott Brown: Can I interrupt just for a second?
I may have kind of thrown that out there. I guess what I'm concerned with is making better use of current law, the things that we have in place that we may not be exhausting properly, we may not be getting the full benefit of.

So what happened, Scotty? You weren't listening and didn't realize what the VA witness Thomas Pamperin was testifying to? Or you were listening and decided that it wasn't an issue that needed to be discussed publicly at this time?

"My - my concern is that the nation clearly . . ." What? What was Pamperin's concern? Because Scott Brown shut down the discussion, we don't know.

Scott Brown.

Scott Brown, you're so pretty.
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.
 
Poll1 { display:none; }