Sunday, August 24, 2008

Highlights

This piece is written by Rebecca of Sex and Politics and Screeds and Attitude, Cedric of Cedric's Big Mix, Kat of Kat's Korner, Betty of Thomas Friedman is a Great Man, Mike of Mikey Likes It!, Elaine of Like Maria Said Paz, Ruth of Ruth's Report, Marcia of SICKOFITRADLZ and Wally of The Daily Jot. Unless otherwise noted, we picked all highlights.

"I Hate The War" -- C.I.'s Thursday entry, the most requested highlight by readers of this site. If we could speak freely we'd explain (at length) what Katrina did to get so much focus in a piece by C.I.

"Pesto in the Kitchen" -- Trina had one promise to herself after last week, no crying at the keyboard. We loved her post before this. But we understand why she did not want to go into that again.

"Nader Rally and Cathy Pollit sums herself up" -- Betinna tries so hard to get the word out on Ralph and all the thanks she ever gets is weirdos from The Nation showing up at her door.

"ralph and barack's guessing game" -- Rebecca explains how Barack blew it with the v.p. announcement and floats some speculation.


"Ain't I an American Woman? (prose poem)" -- Marcia lets it rip. Marcia, "Consider this my early Richard Pryor post. I thank Kat who cheered the idea on when I mentioned it to her. I thank C.I. who encouraged me to write whatever I felt. I also say thank you for an e-mail. I thank Rebecca, Elaine, Ruth, Trina, Mike and Wally who listened to me read the thing out loud as I was working on it." The e-mail? C.I. sent it Thursday after we spoke and asked me not to open it until I did the post. It was a very encouraging e-mail and also noted that in two weeks I might want to do a new post where I take this post and smooth it out. Which I will most likely do."

"NoBama Now and Forever" -- Kat explaining the sentiment community wide.

"corey hart's 'never surrender'," "Stevie Nicks' 'Edge of Seventeen'," "Tracey Chapman's 'Fast Car'," "Ashford & Simpson 'High Rise'," "Cyndi Lauper" and "Tina Turner, Bangles, R.E.M." -- Rebecca, Ruth, Kat, Marcia, Elaine and Mike explore 80s music in their Wednesday night theme posts.

"No, it's not news" & "THIS JUST IN! IT'S NEWS BECAUSE THEY SAY IT IS!" -- Cedric and Wally corner Amy Goodman to ask her to explain how something qualifies as "news" when other things don't.

"Open the debates" -- Ruth reviews why the debates need to be opened.

"Kiss my Black ass, Alice Walker" -- Marcia explains why Alice Walker is off her reading list.

"Nader and the self-destructing Dems" -- Elaine explains how Nader doesn't hurt the Democrats, the Dems hurt themselves. (And seem to enjoy it.)

"Nader, Third" -- Mike breaks down last week's edition.

"Biddy-baby whines again" & "THIS JUST IN! BIG WHINY BABY BARACK!" -- Cedric and Wally suffer through another interview with Sister Baracka.

"John McCain and campaign threatened" -- Kat's common sense post that we all enjoyed.
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.
 
Poll1 { display:none; }