Sunday, July 15, 2007

See, that's NBC

I'll take care of your bar tab, boys, I'm nailing my demo. And my demo is coming of age creatively. These are my friends. And I'm, like, pounding on them: Get yourself in the door here.



NBC's latest co-chair, Ben Silverman quoted by Bill Carter ("Trying to Put Feathers Back on the Peacock," New York Times, Business Day, C1, July 9, 2007). Raven e-mailed about the above, writing, "I love Ava and C.I.'s commentaries. Laugh along and generally agree. Since fall 2006, they have been hitting hard on the 'Boys Club' that NBC has become. Initially, I was skeptical and then 2006 turned to 2007 and I was a believer. I saw that in this morning's paper [Monday] and thought, 'Doesn't that just sum it all up?' 'I'll take care of your bar tabs, boys' explains what I see on my TV now and why this former Friends, Seinfeld, Will & Grace and ER freak now cares so little about NBC. It's becoming painfully clear that I am not NBC's 'demo' and the comments of Ben Silverman indicate I still won't be a part of it. I'm sure you're getting a lot of e-mails about the Nation articles and let me toss out two things. First, thank you. Second, while Katha Pollitt and others have twiddled their thumbs, Ava and C.I. have been strong feminist voices. If they need a week off, they've earned it, really earned it, but they make my Sundays."

nbsee
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.
 
Poll1 { display:none; }