Tuesday, June 08, 2021

KINDLE UNLIMITED (Jim, Ava and C.I.)

1summerread

 

In 2018, community sites took turns covering a book every week.  You can see "In 2018, we read books" to review that coverage.  We didn't want to repeat ourselves in 2019 or 2020.  So when Marcia came up with a way to cover books but with a twist, we were all for it.  Marcia's idea was for us to digital books -- we're largely a printed text crowd -- and to use AMAZON's KINDLE UNLIMITED.  So for 2021, we'll be doing a book a week and trying to just use KINDLE UNLIMITED. This week, we're talking with Jim about Anthony Curcio's STEPHEN CURRY: THE CHILDREN'S BOOK: THE BOY WHO NEVER GAVE UP.  Jim, you went with a children's book.


Jim: Right.  Dona and I are parents and so I do look for children's books.  I've honestly not been impressed with the offerings at KINDLE UNLIMITED until I came across this one.  


Did you like it because of the sports theme?


Jim: That helped get my son's attention and hold it, yes.  But it really does have some great illustrations.


Drawings?


Jim: Yes, on every page but some of the drawings also include a photograph.  I really like the illustrations a great deal.  


On the AMAZON page for the book, several reviews complained -- about the print book -- that pages were out of order or cut off too soon.  Was that a problem with the edition KINDLE offered?


Jim: Not at all.  The digital version was fine.  Pages in order, no cut off pages.  


With the other children's books you've sampled, what were some of the problems?


Jim: A lot of illustrations didn't pop.  Sometimes it was the color, sometimes it was the style.  I liked the illustrations but, more importantly, my son loved them.  They really deserve praise for the way they're drawn and for the colors they use.  


Your thoughts on KINDLE UNLIMITED itself?


Jim: I've probably found three good books on coaches but otherwise I'm mainly looking for books to read with my son.  Dona's found a few books she likes.  I think if you're a group of people using one subscription, it's probably better.  I don't know if it was just me, for example, if I'd have enough interest to justify a monthly subscription.  But if you and your family or you and your friends team up for one subscription, I think it's worth it.

Which goes with what Dona told us last time, "I don't think it has enough value for someone to subscribe beyond one month."  


Jim: Hey, when she's right, she's right and she's usually right.

-------------------

 

"KINDLE UNLIMITED (Kat, Ava and C.I.)"

 

"KINDLE UNLIMITED (Kat, Ava and C.I.)"

 

"KINDLE UNLIMITED (Betty, Ava and C.I.)


"KINDLE UNLIMITED (Stan, Ava and C.I.)

 

"KINDLE UNLIMITED (Betty, Ava and C.I.)"


"KINDLE UNLIMITED (Isaiah, Ava and C.I.)"

"KINDLE UNLIMITED (Elaine, Dona, Ava and C.I.)"


"KINDLE UNLIMITED (Mike, Ava and C.I.)"

"KINDLE UNLIMITED (Trina, Ava and C.I.)"

"KINDLE UNLIMITED (Stan, Ava and C.I.)"

"KINDLE UNLIMITED (Marcia, Ava and C.I.)"

"KINDLE UNLIMITED (Kat, Ava and C.I.)"

"KINDLE UNLIMITED (Rebecca, Ava and C.I.)"

 

 

 



Stephen Curry: The Children's Book: The Boy Who Never Gave Up
by Anthony Curcio

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.
 
Poll1 { display:none; }