Sunday, November 02, 2008

Film quotes

The movie quotes feature was popular enough that we decided to revisit it. First up, ten quotes from films, followed by the answers.



1) Tess: Twayne picked up Sam in a gay bar.

Sam: I was working on a case.

Tess: Every night for six months?



2) "You'll hunt me. You won't get me. Send the dogs on me. Because that's what needs to happen. Because sometimes, the truth isn't good enough. Sometimes people deserve more. Sometimes people deserve to have their faith rewarded."



3) "My horoscope tells me I'm going to be famous. I deserve it, too. I've been very good. I haven't done bad things with boys -- only if I like the boy."



4) "Frankly, I don't care for your tone. You should get down on your knees and thank God you have a cousin who makes up interesting stories about you. I'm the best P.R. guy you'll ever have. Do you think any even mildly cool trade-fair girl would give you the time of day if she knew the pathetic, Bible-dancing goody-goody you really are? You're far weirder than someone merely 'into S&M.' I mean they have some kind of tradition, we have some idea what S&M is all about -- there're books and movies about it. There is nothing to explain the way you are."



5) "There's something wrong with the Nite Owl. That prick Exley shot the wrong guys. But they made him a hero and whoever killed my partner is still out there. In here I know it. But I can't prove it. I'm not a detective. I'm not smart enough. I'm just the guy they bring in to scare the other guy shitless."



6) "I said, 'Are you gonna bark all day, little doggie, or are you gonna bite'."



7) Vice President Merck: What are your plans?



Sunny: I don't have any. I mean, well, I have a job at the Safari Club. Lou -- well he's my boss and he's really a nice guy and everything. But business hasn't been so hot and I was kind of hoping for advancement, you know? But the problem is -- is that Lou's aunt works the cash register and his sister is the hostess so, I mean, I'm going to have to wait around until one of them quits or drops dead. I guess you know what that's like.



8) "He's not gay. He's been seeing another woman and he wants a divorce. I need a cigarette."



9) "Look, what do you think is going on here? Since I've met you, I've nearly been incinerated, drowned, shot at, and chopped into fish bait. We're caught in the middle of something sinister here. My guess is Dad found out more than he was looking for. And until I'm sure, I'm going to continue to do things the way I think they should be done."



10) "These clankers of yours, let's see what you've got. Not a homo, Keith, gonna leap across the table at you. Just wanna be sure you got what it takes. They asked me to recommend someone for the management trainee program before I go. So . . . you decide."



Answers:

1) Murder By Death (Eileen Brennan and Peter Falk).

2) The Dark Knight (Christian Bale).

3) Lord Love A Duck (Tuesday Weld).

4) Barcelona (Chris Eigeman).

5) LA Confidential (Russell Crowe).

6) Reservoir Dogs (Michael Madsen).

7) Protocol (James Staley and Goldie Hawn).

8) She's The One (Jennifer Aniston).

9) Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (Harrison Ford).

10) In The Company Of Men (Aaron Eckhart).
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.
 
Poll1 { display:none; }